12 January 2018

2017 Goals revisited

 Here's what I managed from 2017's Plan:

1 Year Goals (Jan 2018)

  • Make/buy/obtain food dehydrator (I made a wood fired one, but haven't used or even tested it yet, so I'm not counting it)
  • Build an outdoor rocket stove
  • Reduce chicken feed to 20 kg (1 bag) per month (I managed to do this a few months of the year through sourcing free food elsewhere, but not consistently)
  • Erect a fence/wall in front garden and deep mulch front beds (the fence is up, and I partially deep mulched with used chicken bedding, but will have to keep adding to it during this year)
  • Extend self-sufficiency in vegetables by 1 month (5 months total)
5 Year Goals (Jan 2023)
  • Fully self-sufficient in vegetables and seasonal fruit
  • Raising/breeding meat and replacement layers (our broody bantam hen hatched one egg and raised an additional four chicks;  two are hens, but neither have begun laying!)
  • Greenhouse erected  
I set myself some fairly easy goals considering, and I still didn't achieve them all!  Oh well, I managed most of them.  I'll set out my new goals for 2018 and hopefully they won't be so difficult this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment